Here are the Indians color coded contractual considerations. From top to bottom, players that have signed long term contracts are listed first, followed by the arbitration eligible players in order of experience, ending with pre-arbitration eligible players. In general it can be assumed that pre-arb players will make between $500 thousand (referred to as $500K from now on) and $600K. All other players will have their contract values posted. Majority of numbers come from Cot’s Baseball Contracts. Updated: 10/14/2014.
|Yan Gomes||$550K||$1M||$2.5M||$4.5M||$5.95M||$7M||$9M||$11M||Signed in 2014, 6Yr/$23M|
|Jason Kipnis||$2M||$4M||$6M||$9M||$13.5M||$14.5M||$16.5M||FA||Signed in 2014, 6 Yr/$52M|
|Michael Brantley||$1.5M||$5M||$6.5M||$7.5M||$11M||FA||Signed in 2014, 4Yr/$25M|
|Carlos Santana||$3.5M||$6M||$8.25M||$12M||FA||Signed in 2012, 5 Yr/$21M|
|Nick Swisher||$15M||$15M||$15M||$14M||FA||Signed in 2013, 4Yr/$56M|
|Michael Bourn||$13.5M||$13.5M||$14M||$12M||FA||Signed in 2013, 4Yr/$48M|
|Ryan Raburn||$2.25M||$2.5M||$3M||FA||Signed in 2013, 2Yr/$4.85M|
|Mike Aviles||$3.5M||$3.5M||FA||Signed in 2013, 2Yr/$6M|
|David Murphy||$5.5M||$6M||$7M||FA||Signed in 2014, 2Yr/$12M|
|Scott Atchison||$800K||$900K||$1M||FA||Signed in 2014, 1Yr/$900K|
|Trevor Bauer||$1.183M||PreArb||PreArb||A1||A2||A3||Signed in 2011, 4Yr/$4.73M|
|Marc Rzepczynski||$1.375M||A2||A3||FA||Made $1.1M in 2013|
|Josh Tomlin||$800K||A2||A3||FA||Made $502K in 2013|
|Carlos Carrasco||$505K||A1||A2||A3||FA||Made $490K in 2013|
|Bryan Shaw||$530K||A1||A2||A3||FA||Made $502K in 2013|
|Lonnie Chisenhall||$511K||A1||A2||A3||FA||Made $493K in 2013|
|Zach McAllister||$505K||PreArb||A1||A2||A3||FA||Made $496K in 2013|
|Corey Kluber||$514K||PreArb||A1||A2||A3||FA||Made $492K in 2013|
|Cody Allen||$515K||PreArb||A1||A2||A3||FA||Made $493K in 2013|
|Nick Hagadone||$492K||PreArb||A1||A2||A3||FA||Made $492K in 2013|
- Carlos Santana has a $1.2M buyout if the Indians decline his 2017 option.
- Both Nick Swisher and Michael Bourn need to reach 550 plate appearances in 2016 for their 2017 vesting options to be activated.
- Michael Brantley has a $1M buyout for 2018.
- Ryan Raburn has a $100K buyout for 2016.
- Mike Aviles has a $250K buyout for 2015.
- Yan Gomes has $1M buyout for both 2020 and 2021.
- David Murphy has a $500K buyout for 2016.
- Jason Kipnis has a $2.5M buyout for 2020.
- Scott Atchison has a $100K buyout for 2016.